Tuesday, March 28, 2006

On the Munich bier trail...

Here I am with my Mass (the standard - a litre of beer) at Hofbrauhaus

Along the Munich bier trail - one of the highlights of any trip to one of the world's beer capitals.

It wasn't quite Oktoberfest, but all year round it seems you'll find these beerhalls full of people drinking different types of beers. Greg took me out for a Munich pubcrawl... Admittedly we only made it to two different places - the Hofbrauhaus and Schneider-Weisse. But hey, a litre is a lot of beer.

The main types of beer in Munich are lager - the four main brewers are Hofbrau, Lowenbrau, Paulaner and Augustiner; and Weissbier - which is a 'wheat beer' with a slightly different flavour. Weissbier has become one of my favourite types of beer. Schneider-Weisse is one of the main weissbier brewers.

We had a fun night out, and I managed to get through a Mass, which is the term for the big litre mugs of bier.


Here I am finishing my Mass at the Hofbrauhaus, and Aventinus at Schneider-Weisse (It was good!)


Greg at the Hofbrauhaus, and the interior of the beerhall

1 comment:

Alison said...

I Like the pink scarf and jumper combination Claire...