Friday, August 19, 2005

City to Surf

Every August sees the City to Surf here in Sydney. For the 3rd time, I participated (to say I ran is probably a bit too much of an exaggeration) in the 14km route from Hyde Park to Bondi Beach, including the famous "Heartbreak Hill". Overall I would have run about a quarter of the way, walking the rest. I finished the race in about 2 hours (only an 80 minutes longer than the winner!!) and overall my position was 35,094 (out of 60,000-70,000 participants). I have to admit, the final push came from the smell of the barbecue in work's marquee, all the way down the hill to Bondi Beach.

Unfortunately I didn't take my camera (it would have slowed my blistering pace) however a great day was had by all. It was a beautiful day, on a beautiful beach, one of those glorious winter days we get here in Sydney. Looking forward to taking part again next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done claire, 14 km is a good effort.